Safety Issues & Recalls
Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
Every vehicle has a unique VIN. Enter a VIN to learn if a specific vehicle needs to be repaired as part of a recall.
Where's my VIN?
Look on the lower left of your car's windshield for your 17-character Vehicle Identification Number. Your VIN is also located on your car's registration card, and it may be shown on your insurance card.
What this VIN search tool covers
- Vehicle safety recalls that are incomplete
- Vehicle safety recalls conducted over the past 15 calendar years
- Vehicle safety recalls conducted by major light automakers, including motorcycle manufacturers.
- Completed safety recall information
- Manufacturer customer service or other nonsafety recall campaign
- International videos
- Very recently announced safety recalls for which not all VINs have been identified
- Safety recalls that are more than 15 years old (except where a manufacturer offers more coverage)
- Safety recalls conducted by small vehicle manufacturers, including some ultra-luxury brands and specialty applications